Taxes are a critical consideration that impact every aspect of your financial life. As part of a holistic planning approach, we’ll integrate sophisticated tax planning solutions to help manage the complexities of your wealth and ensure your overall plan is tax-efficient.
Over their lifetime, Canadians can spend more on paying their tax bill than on mortgages, cars, travel, education and other expenditures. Tax planning can be complicated, and it makes sense that many people are confused about how to manage their wealth tax-effectively and grow it to maintain their lifestyle. We can help create a financial plan that not only achieves your financial goals but also is tax efficient.
We will help guide you on ways to minimize your tax exposure, now as well as upon your passing, in these and other areas:
- Deductions and credits Knowing all the tax deductions and credits to which you are entitled can be overwhelming. Paying the least amount of taxes possible involves knowing what you can claim and identifying strategies that could help reduce your taxes this year and in years to come.
- Saving for retirement Are you getting the most out of your retirement resources? Remaining free of financial worries goes hand-in-hand with a fulfilling retirement. Taking full advantage of tax-minimization strategies and understanding the government benefits available to you can help maximize your retirement savings.
- Business structure planning As a business owner, you have options when it comes to structuring your business. Understanding what option is right for you will help you get the most out of the time and effort you put into your business.
- Compensation strategies As a shareholder of a corporation, you have a choice between salary or dividend compensation. Understanding which strategy is right for you will help you maximize your after-tax cash flows.
- Estate planning A proper estate plan can help address taxes payable upon death, whether by planning to minimize the tax bill or incorporating insurance in your financial plan.
Our team of professionals will work closely with you and your existing financial team.